Akshaya Tritiya is one of the holiest and most auspicious days celebrated by the Hindus across the country. It is believed that anything that commences on this day will always emerge victoriously.
This day is thus symbolic of good luck, success and fortune gains.
According to mythology and ancient history, this day marks a lot of important incidents
- Lord Ganesha and Ved Vyasa started writing the epic Mahabharata on this day.
- This day is also celebrated as the birth anniversary of Lord Parashurama, the sixth incarnation of Lord Vishnu.
- On this day, Goddess Annapurna was born.
- On this day, Lord Krishna bestowed wealth and monetary gains on his poor friend Sudama who had come to his rescue for help.
- According to the Mahabharata, on this day Lord Krishna presented the ‘akshaya patra’ to the pandavas while in their exile. He blessed them with this bowl that would continue to produce an unlimited amount of food that would never leave them hungry.
- On this day, the River Ganges descended from heaven on earth.
- It is on this day that Kubera worshipped Goddess Lakshmi and thus was assigned the job of being the treasurer of Gods.
- In Jainism, this day is celebrated to commemorate Lord Adinatha, their first God.