Raised leg pose is beneficial for those having back pain and stomach disorder. Uttanpadasana is highly recommended for stomach abs. People for a flat stomach and for strong ABS love this exercise. It is good for strengthening the abdominal muscles. You can practice this asana by raising one leg at a time also.
Benefits of Uttanpadasana
- Cures stomach disorders like acidity, indigestion, and constipation
- Strengthens the abdominal organs.
- Strengthens the back and hip and thigh muscles.
- Helpful for those suffering from gas problems, acidity, arthritis pain, heart problems and waist pain.
- Cures back pain.
- Helps to reduce tone the stomach muscles.
- Helpful for losing weight.
- Good for diabetes patients.
- Improve the function of digestive systems.
- Remove gases from the intestine.
- Good for increasing blood circulation around the body.
- Help to reduce weight in the abdomen area, thighs, and hips.
- Excellent for 6 packs abs.
- Improve the function of reproductive organs.
Steps for Uttanpadasana
- Lie flat on your back as shown in the above image and breathe normally.
- Place your hand on either side and palms should be facing down.
- Inhale slowly and lift the legs at 45 – 60 degree from the ground.
- Hold this posture for some time (15-20 sec) to feel pressure in lower abs.
- While exhaling (Breath out ) relaxes your posture by lowering legs i.e. (Starting position)
- Repeat this for 3-4 times daily.
Precautions for Uttanpadasana
- Pregnant women should avoid Uttanpadasana for first few months. Should consult a doctor before practicing this asana in the third trimester. Can take the support of wall while practicing.
- Those suffering from high blood pressure, slip disc, ulcer, or abdominal surgery should not do this asana.
- Should not practice in days of periods. But if you are comfortable doing this then there is no problem. Keep on doing it.
- Practice Uttanpadasana (The Raised-leg Pose) should be practice under expert guidance.
Should consult a doctor before practicing any exercises.