The University Grants Commission has issued guidelines academic calendar for the year 2021-22, which states that the admissions to first-year courses must be completed by September 30, and the academic session should commence by October 1.
Here are highlights of the UGC circular:
- All Class 12 Board examination results are expected to be released by July 31.
- College and university admissions for Under Graduate courses to commence only after CBSE, ICSE & State Board Class 12 exam results are announced
- Under Graduate and Post Graduate admissions to be completed by September 30
- New academic session must begin by October 1. They can commence as early as possible, in either offline or online or blended (online + offline) mode.
- Next academic session of the incoming batch’s second year to begin by August 1, 2022
- Universities must complete final year and semester exams by August 31. This could be compulsorily conducted in either offline or online or blended (online + offline) mode.
- Institutions can plan for classes, breaks, the conduct of examinations, semester break etc., between October 1, 2021, and July 31, 2022, following necessary guidelines issued by the central/state governments and competent authorities from time to time.
- Universities shall not charge any cancellation fees for withdrawal of admission till October 31. Post that, the universities can deduct a maximum of Rs 1000 as a processing fee if the student withdraws or cancels admission till December 31, 2021.