The distillate of cow urine is called Gomutra Ark. It has a longer shelf life than cow urine. Some constituents are lost while preparing cow urine distillate. Gomutra Ark benefits include its use in weight loss, skin diseases, and abdominal disorders. It is mainly beneficial in oedema and ascites. It becomes famous because it has no bad smell as cow urine. Some people who cannot drink cow urine, they can easily consume Gomutra Ark. Gomutra Ark is also known as cow urine distillate. Because it reduces Kapha dosha, it also lowers the cholesterol level in the blood and helps to lose weight. All other benefits are similar to Gomutra.
Gomutra Ark has antipruritic action. Therefore, it can help to alleviate itching in Kapha related skin diseases. It is also useful in worm infestation.
Ayurvedic Properties of Gomutra Ark
|RASA (Taste)||KATU (Pungent), TIKTA (Bitter) & KASAYA (Astringent)|
|GUNA (Main Quality)||TIKSHNA (Sharp)|
|VIRYA (Potency)||USHNA (Hot)|
|VIPAKA (Resultant)||KATU (Pungent)|
|Organs Effect||Stomach and Skin|
Gomutra Ark has the following medicinal properties.
- Antipruritic (reduces itching).
- Anthelmintic or vermifuge (kills worms).
- Antiedemic (reduces edema).
- Nootropic (cognitive enhancer).
- Hematogenic (stimulates the formation of blood cells).
- Digestive stimulant.
Gomutra Ark Indications
Gomutra Ark has the same indications as pure Gomutra. For your convenience, here is a list.
- Pruritus (itching) – without redness, burning or heat sensation.
- Skin diseases (kapha origin).
- Intestinal worms.
- Abdominal pain (kapha vata origin).
- Abdominal diseases (with kapha dominance).
- Heaviness in the abdomen.
- Feeling lump in the abdomen.
- Constipation (kapha origin).
- Loss of appetite.
There are also some other indications, according to some people. These indications are not listed by Charak Samhita and Sushruta Samhita. However, some symptoms of these diseases are similar to symptoms of diseases indicated for Gomutra in ancient classical texts. Here is a list.
- Kidney disease.
- Productive cough.
- Nonbleeding piles.
- Urinary disorders.
- Ear problems.
- Indigestion (Kapha origin).
- Diarrhea with mucus content in the stool.
- Prostate enlargement.
- Rheumatic arthritis.
- Diabetic ulcer.
- Eczema (with oozing liquid).
- Liver diseases.
Gomutra Ark Dosage
The classical ayurvedic dosage of Gomutra Ark is as follows:
|Children (above the age of 8 years)||0.15 ml per Kg of body weight|
|Pregnancy & Lactation||Not Recommended|
|Geriatric Dosage||0.15 ml per Kg of body weight|
|Maximum Possible Dosage||20 ml per day|