Gayatri Mantra is the Mother of all the Mantras. Gayatri Mata (Mother Gayatri) is also the Veda Mata or the personification of the galaxy of Vedas. Vedas are eternal and are not authored by man and therefore called Apaurusheya. You can call this mantra the summary of the Vedas. So, chanting Gayatri mantra gives the complete benefit of chanting all the Vedas. A famous verse about Gayatri Mantra says, “Gayan Trayate Iti Gayatri” meaning Gayatri mantra is the one that protects those who chant it.
Gayatri mantra is universal Gayatri mantra addresses the supreme reality in the form of light. It does not talk of any one deity or god. Therefore Gayatri mantra is universal and highly scientific. It is common to all religions. It addresses the one single absolute energy or god whatever we may call the supreme principle that creates, sustains and dissolves the universe.
Om Bhur Bhuva Suvaha Tat Savitur Varenyam
Bhargo Devasya Dheemahi Dhiyo Yonah Prachodayaat
The mantra also has five faces like Gayatri Mata represented by the set of words 1) Om 2) Bur Bhuva Suvaha 3) Tat Savitur Varenyam 4) Bhargo Devasya Dhimahi 5) Dhiyo Yonah Prachodayaat
GAYATRI MANTRA MEANING
Gayatri Mantra Meaning The mantra starts with the primordial sound of ‘Om’. It goes thus. The three worlds of Bhur, Bhuva and Suva (earth, sky and heaven) are nourished by the resplendent light of that Savitur (Sun god). I meditate upon that eternal light so that it illumines my intellect too.
THE FORM OF GAYATRI
The form of Gayatri Gayatri is resplendent light. Every deity has three forms namely Mantra, Yantra and Tantra. Gayatri is not different from Sun God. Gayatri is one of the three feminine names of Sun God namely Gayatri, Savitri and Saraswati. Gayatri is actually the anthropomorphic form of Sun God. Seated in a lotus flower, Gayatri holds in her ten hands boon giving pose, protective pose, noose, goad, whip, cup, skull, mace, conch (shankha) and discuss (chakra). Gayatri Mata has five faces.
WHEN TO CHANT GAYATRI MANTRA
When to chant Gayatri Mantra Gayatri mantra can be chanted at all times when you are working, travelling or resting. Make Gayatri mantra a part of you with constant chanting so that you keep chanting it unconsciously all the time. If you wish to chant its during specific times, the best times to chant Gayatri mantra are dawn, noon and dusk corresponding to the three positions of sun namely lower sky in the east (morning), mid sky (noon) and lower sky in the evening (dusk).
GAYATRI MANTRA BENEFITS
Gayatri Mantra chanting can give ultimate benefits to humans. Some of them are as follows:
- Calms the mind: The Gayatri Mantra’s magic works on those who are dedicated to it and one of the first advantages is that it calms the mind. Just simply reciting Om can do wonders to your mentality, so you can well imagine what the mantra would do to your restless soul. It actually releases a lot of happy hormones, serotonin, and makes you feel delighted and positive.
- Improves breathing pattern: Breathing in itself is a very vital exercise, and those who do it right are the ones who can reap health benefits. Reciting the Gayatri mantra brings in positivity in you, which in turn calms you down, and then you find a pattern in your breathing technique. This deep controlled style of breathing can be achieved upon reciting the Gayatri mantra.
- Reduces depression: One of the positive outcomes of reciting the Gayatri mantra is that it reduces depression in people. Of course when you are calming your mind, and fetching positivity in life, it is quite natural for you to be able to reduce depression and stay happy. The vagus nerve which is stimulated to treat depression is found to be automatically vibrating with the chanting of the mantra.
- Provides glowing skin: Chanting the mantra allows vital points in your skin to increase blood circulation, which then works to get rid of toxins in your skin. The face is well affected by the chanting of the mantra, and you can see positive results, as oxygenated blood gets carried through your skin nerves and makes you look younger.
- Prosperity and development: According to Hindu mythology, Goddess Gayatri is a form of Annapoorna, who is the goddess of food. Reciting the Gayatri mantra therefore allows you to bring prosperity, wealth, food, shelter, and over all development of your life. Your life could steer towards happiness, and positivity with the recitation of the Gayatri mantra.
- Improves concentration: Another great benefit of the Gayatri mantra is that, you can develop your concentration and memory power to a great extent. The vibration which is created by the chanting of this mantra is directly working on the three chakras of your body, and therefore it is helping your brain, eyes, sinuses and lower head. Concentration and memory power are sure to improve with this powerful mantra.
- Successful marriage: Reciting the Gayatri mantra can help you to keep your relationship going strong. Astrology suggests that marriages are doomed due to inauspicious positioning of the stars. This can be altered with the help of Goddess Gayatri.
- It makes the brain sharper and clears the confusions of the mind. It gives the devotees the power of making the right decisions and the right judgment.
- Gayatri Mantra removes all fears and diseases and enhances happiness, wealth and prosperity.
- Gayatri Mantra enhances the capacity to focus and learn to make students whine in their studies and elders shine in their career.
- Gayatri Mantra contributes to one’s spiritual maturity and helps the individual ascend in the ladder of spiritual progress through enlightenment
All in all, it is important to understand that the Gayatri mantra is a true reflection of spirituality, and it is sure to help an individual in achieving everlasting peace and fulfilment.