Kumaryasava (also called and spelt as Kumari Asav, Kumari Asava & Kumaryasavam) is an ayurvedic medicine of Asava Arishta category. It is used for the treatment of menstrual disorders in women and abdominal diseases in general. Its main action appears on the stomach, intestine, liver, spleen, uterus, ovaries and other organs in the abdomen and pelvis. It is useful in health problems such as loss of appetite, abdominal pain, piles, spleen enlargement, liver enlargement, fatty liver, epilepsy, amenorrhea, and menstrual irregularities.
Properties of Kumaryasava
Kumari asav is used to manage various health issues like liver disorders, digestive problems etc. It supports the good health of the liver and maintains healthy liver functions. Manage proper secretion of bile. Kumaryasava helps in the cleansing of the liver and eliminates the toxins from the liver. Hence use of this medicine is quite effective in jaundice, spleen disorders, splenomegaly etc. To resolve the digestive complications, the use of Kumaryasava is quite useful. It supports healthy digestion and helps to manage various problems like gas formation, loss of appetite, heartburn, nausea, flatulence, abdominal pain, bloating etc. For constipation, this medicine helps in the loosening of stools. The use of this medicine is good in piles. In the case of urinary tract disorders, Kumaryasava is known to be an effective medicine. It also helps to manage the problems associated with the urinary tract disorders like frequent urination, painful urination, inflammation of the bladder, urinary incontinence etc. Kumaryasava is a beneficial Ayurvedic formulation to manage various female health issues like anaemia, menstrual complications, ovarian dysfunctions, infertility etc.
- Kumaryasava is used in the treatment of diseases like that of liver and spleen, cough, respiratory ailments, hyperacidity, female infertility, anaemia, jaundice and impaired digestion etc.
- This medicine is helpful in the proper secretion of bile.
- It gives strength to the liver.
- Kumaryasava is beneficial in case of (Amenorrhea) in females which has developed due to ovarian dysfunction.
- Provides effective results in splenomegaly & hepatomegaly.
- It is a useful remedy for Anemic & infertility in females.
- Helpful in many diseases of the heart.
- This Asava provides a positive effect in urinary diseases.
- It relieves you from the condition of strained micturition
- Kumaryasava can reduce swelling and provide relief from the problem of constipation.
- It is a useful remedy in the case of Piles and lessens anorexia.
- Good for calculus & seminal disorders.
- Effectively improves the appetite.
- Kumaryasava shows tonic and nourishing properties.
- Increases haemoglobin in female & male.
- Also effective as an Aphrodisiac.
Take about 15 – 30 ml. once or twice a day, usually advised after food.
If there is a need it can be mixed with an equal quantity of water.