Kerala withdraws coronavirus state calamity warning

Kerala government has withdrawn the state calamity warning issued in the wake of the new coronavirus scare as no new positive cases of infection were detected over the last few days. State Health Minister KK Shailaja said of the 3,014 people under watch, 2,953 were home quarantined and 61 in hospitals due to minor symptoms of the virus. She told reporters that those who come from the affected areas will still have to report to health officials.

The state had on February 3 declared the novel coronavirus epidemic as a state calamity with a third student testing positive for the infection. India’s all three positive coronavirus cases so far reported from Thrissur, Alappuzuha and Kasaragod districts are Keralite students, two of them medicos, of a university at Wuhan.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here