Want to, like, connect with cosmic energy? Natarajasana could help you! Nataraja is another name for Shiva and his dance symbolizes cosmic energy. Natarajasana, or Lord of the Dance Pose.
‘Nat ‘means ‘Dance’ and ‘Raja’ Means ‘King’. So this pose is called as Natarajasana yoga pose. This pose helps to improve the balance of the body, concentration. Strengthens the muscles of hip, thighs, and chest.
Steps for Natarajasana
- Stand straight on your yoga mat and arms by your sides.
- While inhaling bend your right leg backward and hold with your right ankle with a right hand as shown in fig.
- Try to move your right leg upwards as much as you can.
- Extend your left arm straight out in front. In the beginning, you can take help another person.
- Hold this posture for 20 – 30 seconds and keep breathing normally. Now slowly come back to starting position.
- Repeat this with left leg then right leg. Like this, you can practice for 3-4 repetition.
Benefits of Natarajasana
- Strengthens legs hips, ankles, and chest.
- Helps to reduce weight.
- Stretches the thighs, groin, and abdominal organs.
- improves posture and your balance.Improves digestive system.
- Good for Improving concentration.
- Releases stress and calm the mind.
Precautions for Natarajasana
- Those suffering from low blood pressure should not practice Natarajasana.
- In the beginning, take the support of your friend to maintain proper balance.
- Doctor advice is must before practice any exercise.
- Practice under expert guidance.